Clearly we all know that the Canucks are playing the Flames tomorrow night. Late game for Calgary, with a 7pm PT start. The summer felt so long, but finally hockey is back.
Enemy blog: Check out Kent, who I've met through the CLS re-draft at his blog over at Five Hole Fanatics
Some Canucks stuff:
- Lukowich cleared waivers, and since the Moose have a plethora of defencemen (apparently), the Canucks are trying to find him a spot to play for the Texas Stars who are lacking defensemen
- Lawrence Nycholat and Michael Funk also cleared through waivers and are assigned to the Moose.
- Hodgson got sent back down to Brampton.
- Henrik gets an A, and as usual, Daniel got a G. But seriously, how did Daniel feel about that? "[Daniel] cried a little bit the first night but it’s alright now,” joked brother Henrik. “It’s a great honor. We’ve got a lot of really great leaders on this team, so a letter doesn’t mean too much.” Sure sure Daniel, don't forget he's also taller and older than you.
- The Canucks roster is set. Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Rome and Tanner Glass make the team.
- Bieksa has tweaked his groin, and Rypien has the flu (hopefully not the "flu" he had until March of last year), but they are both expected to play tomorrow night.
- Sundin finally made it official that he retired.
- Brian Burke tells Leafs TV that Gillis shopped Burrows, Bieksa and their 1st pick at this years draft for Victor Hedman. Response? “There is absolutely no truth to it whatsoever,” Gillis Wednesday from Calgary. “It’s an absolutely preposterous idea."
- Puck Daddy's staff predict Division winners, and have the NW down to the Canucks or the Flames. ESPN, with the exception of the Mullet, thinks it's going to the Flames, but they think the Vezina is coming down to Luongo or Nabby
Oh, and today the hockey world found out today that that the past few months of the Phoenix Coyotes court case was a complete waste of time.
But to cheer you up and get you excited about tomorrow, watch Rypien destroy Prust: